Sunday, October 12, 2008

Today I feel energized

I can't even begin to explain the changes that are happening in my body. I may not be that much lighter (ie. pounds) as I could be, but boy is my energy HIGH. I hit the gym friday and did a whooping 2.5 hours of cardio and not the "light" kind either. I was working on the treadmill and then the spin bike. It felt great. I also had a small chat with the owner. He has twins and we sorta talked a bit about multiples etc. and what it's like, but I had to cut it short to go pick up my kids from preschool.

So needless to say I could barely walk up the stairs in the evening on friday and Saturday was no better. While I was grumpy (doing housework and cleaning, and laundry) I didn't hit the gym because it was clear I was sore beyond belief.

Today I can't count how many times I've run up and down the stairs. I did some serious gardening (more like shoveling dirt) which was a whole other workout. I count it as exercise cause I was sweating and it was hot outside. I decided to stay in the out-of-doors and get sunshine and spend time with my kids over the gym. I took them for a walk this morning too. It was a leisure pace (hey- they are only 4 years old) but it felt good after being cooped up in the house the day before.

Going to the gym has enabled my body to do things it wasn't doing before. Before, I would just make excuses and not do the stairs. I would avoid our huge washer and dryer downstairs because it's two flights to the upstairs bedrooms. I was just "lazy". But in reality it's not laziness, it's an inability to actually do the work. Now I just do it, and it feels great.

I'm hoping for a great thanksgiving day tomorrow with the family, hopefully a nice workout at home probably, unless the gym is open and a week with no health issues (ie. getting sick, the flu etc.)....I just want to feel good and get my workouts in.

Also, this week I am going to work on my food issues. I need to start keeping track and stop the evening snacking.


3 comments:

carla said...

Im so stealing your energy and motivation in this post to carry me through MY tired morning.

thank you :)

MizFit

new*me said...

the biggest change I noticed first was my energy........and when you have kids, that's the most important!

Lyn said...

Sounds like you're being REALLY active! Send some of that energy my way :)