Sunday, August 10, 2008

Do you know your BMR?

Okay, so do you know your BMR - your Basal Metabolic rate? You can calculate yours here: http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

My BMR is 1975. That's how many calories I burn if I just stayed in bed all day and did nothing. It's the number of calories I burn just by being me. Which is great, my BMR indicates to me that if eat only 1600 calories a day that I will lose weight without exercise. That's not to say that I won't exercise, but right now, with my bad back it's a good thing. So 3500 calories is equal to 1 lb. which means that it won't take long to lose 1 lb.

Already I have lost some weight - probably a fair bit of water weight, but nontheless, it feels good to see the scale goes down and I fell less bloated already. It's something that makes me happy.

Have I told you that I plan on doing a Biggest Loser style of losing weight? I plan to exercise my little buns off (okay, so they are a bit big right now), but as soon as I can, I am going to incorporate exercise into all aspects of my life. I have a plan for August which includes:
-get my back into a healthy space
-eat less overall
-drink teas after dinner and no snacking
-as soon as I am able in August - I am going to start incorporating exercise into my daily life

In September, everything is going to change - kids go to preschool, I will have more time for myself and I intend on taking advantage of it.
-going to the gym 4 X a week
-walking on the treadmill at home
-eat less, keep track of my calories
-exercise approximately 2 hours a day (it's a big goal, but even low intensity walking)
-use my rebounding trampoline while watching tv.

That's the plan!

No comments: