Saturday, August 23, 2008

Gym Struggles

I have been drooling over a local gym's website for at least a week now. In just two short weeks, the kids will be going to preschool 3 mornings a week, and I will finally have time to myself.!!!

Well, I was so excited about the gym, and DH and I have talked about this before (ie. before the summer). Now the time has come and he says we don't have the money for a gym membership. He's right, we are struggling right now because I'm not working (I have been doing daycare for 3 years and finally stopped in May). And he just started working for himself and it's been slow going. Ugh! We fought bitterly last night. I"m at the point where my health is worth more to me than the cost of the membership. I know we are struggling and it's not good. We compromised, I will take the free week at the gym, then if I like it, sign up for one month (not 12, even though over the long haul it's cheaper), and see how it goes.


I'm not happy with the way I handled myself last night, I was so full of venom...years of struggling with three babies in total and sheer sleep deprivation that I just can't express to others how absolutely crazy that was, then handling 7 or 8 two/three/and four year olds for a few years with absolutely no time to myself. It's been 5 years since I left my easy 9-5 job when I got pregnant and was put on bedrest. And I just wanted to scream last night. I NEED THIS>>>>, but on the flipside, DH is right, and it's not his fault. We are in this together, and I don't want to add more to our debt. It's just tough.

2 comments:

Lyn said...

Wow, I am amazed at how similar your stats are to mine a year ago, and the picture looks like we have a very similar body type, too! I will be interested to follow your weight loss progress. It WILL come off, it just takes time. You're doing great :)

new*me said...

can you still take the time for yourself to go for a walk or lock yourself in a room to do a video? Time for YOU to workout?